Thursday, January 21, 2016

A New Post

It has been a while since I have written here. At the end of last year my Principal asked me to become the teacher librarian at my school. At first I said no. Not because I am not qualified or because I couldn't do the job but because he was removing the current teacher librarian from the position. I felt it was a wrong move. The teacher librarian was good at what she did. The principal explained that he saw the library becoming more technical and research based and felt she did not meet that criteria. I still said no and suggested that he keep her. He replied with she was no longer going to be in the library even if I refused. I thought about it for a minute and decided in that case it would be a good fit.
So far it has been crazy. They renovated the library over the summer. When all the books came back into the library I decided to do a good weed. So good that over 3000 books were deleted from the system. I rearranged and reorganized. There is still a ways to go but I am moving forward.

SOLE is still with me. I still teach my social studies and science class using SOLE and Individual research. Presentations are still happening. I get to work with a wider variety of kids. One class of gifted kids far surpassed my expectations with their research and presentations. 

Anyway, I have decided to return to my blog. Thanks for following me. 

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment